Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
- Cocoon Rust Brown and Off White Pure Silk Hand Painted Festival Saree$123.50Free shipping worldwide
- Cocoon Saffron Yellow and Yellow Green Pure Silk Hand Painted Festival Saree$123.50Free shipping worldwide
- Cocoon Off White and Carnelian Red Pure Silk Hand Block Printed Festival Saree$115.90Free shipping worldwide
- Cocoon Denim Blue and Black Pure Silk Hand Block Printed Festival Saree$115.90Free shipping worldwide
- Cocoon Persian Red and Black Pure Silk Hand Batik Festival Saree$102.00Free shipping worldwide
Biography of silk
As we all know, silk is aliased with resham. This resham is obtained from larvae of a worm called Cocoon. We all wear silk clothes but forget this worm as the enriching bounty of our favourite silk.
Empress His Ling Shi, wife of Yellow Empire of China, discovered this silk from cocoon.
To unravel its brilliance, a cocoon falls into her cup full of tea while she was enjoying her sip under mulberry tree. Some shimmering thread like was spreading on her tea which inquired her instinct.
Thus China constructed Silk route to, export its sericulture product.